- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 3 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 19 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 21 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 2,860 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem