- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 11 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 12 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 25 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 26 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 2,860 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem