- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 3 days ago
- November 16: Ford Recalls Four 2019 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- November 16: Ford Explorer Recall Issued Over Fuel Pressure Sensors recalls | 4 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 2,860 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem