- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 4 days ago
- September 13: 2017 Ford Explorers Recalled After 31 Hand Injuries recalls | 5 days ago
- September 3: Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit Says MPG Ratings False news | 15 days ago
- September 1: Ford Recalls 2019 Fiesta Over Brake Fluid Leaks recalls | 17 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 18 days ago
Loses Power And Revs When The Ac Is On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The previous generation of Explorer was so awful that the redesign in 2006 was greeted with much optimism. That didn't last long.
The transmission continues to be the Explorer's worst reliability problem. Owners report shifting hard & lunging, typically starting as low as 40k miles with a $1,600 average repair bill. On top of that, the radiator is prone to failure around 60k miles. Repairs for the radiator run $500 to $1,000 & many owners report they've had to replace the radiator multiple times for leaks, indicating a possible design defect in the OEM replacement parts.
Ford did make some significant changes to improve handling and safety. Electronic stability control was added in addition to side impact air bags, but beyond that this is a vehicle that should be avoided at all costs.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 55,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)