- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 4 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 20 days ago
- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 28 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2011 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Cap/Cover/Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.