- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 6 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 11 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- November 4: Ford Explorer Toe Link Recall: 13 Crashes, 6 Injuries recalls | 21 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2011 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.