- May 19: Ford Recalls EcoSports in U.S. Federalized Territories recalls | 2 days ago
- May 18: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Due To Parking Brake Cables recalls | 3 days ago
- May 14: Bosch Power Steering Bolts Cause Recalls recalls | 7 days ago
- May 2: Ford Transit Trailer Tow Module Recall Expanded recalls | 19 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 29 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2011 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Cap/Cover/Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.