- May 14: Ford Transit Wheels and Tires May Fall Off: Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- May 13: Ford Explorer Hood Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- May 12: Ford F-150 Warped Dashboard Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 18 days ago
Ford Preliminary Evaluation PE16008: Ford Explorer Exhaust Odor
2013 Ford Explorer
Ford Explorer Exhaust Odor
Engine And Engine Cooling:Exhaust System
- During the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration-€™s (NHTSA-€™s) investigation into the Ford carbon monoxide allegations, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) identified additional Vehicle Owner Questionnaire (VOQ) reports with similar exhaust odor claims.Presently, ODI has identified 791 VOQs for Model Year 2011-2017 Ford Explorers pertaining to exhaust odor claims.ODI has identified three crashes and 41 injuries potentially linked this issue.The reported injuries range from unspecified to loss of consciousness, with the majority being nausea, headaches, or dizziness -€" all of which can be symptomatic of carbon monoxide exposure.Additionally, Ford provided 2,400 reports including owner complaints, warranty claims, dealer field reports, and legal claims, that involve 2,051 vehicles that may be connected to the exhaust odor issue.NHTSA's Vehicle Test and Research Center tested multiple vehicles, including complaint vehicles, during the investigation.ODI also conducted field inspections of complaint vehicles and crashes involving police units that occurred while the officers were on duty.When possible, data was collected to quantify carbon monoxide levels in the examined vehicles.Based on the information gathered to date, NHTSA upgraded this investigation to an Engineering Analysis (EA17-002).
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.