- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 4 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 7 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 10 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 24 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 36 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2014 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Cap/Cover/Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.