- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 5 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 22 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 35 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 39 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 53 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2014 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.