- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 13 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 19 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 29 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2015 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Cap/Cover/Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.