- January 21: Ford and Mazda To Recall More Takata Airbag Inflators news | 1 days ago
- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 2 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 29 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2015 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.