- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 13 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 14 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 27 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 28 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2015 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Cap/Cover/Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.