- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes Nearly 617,000 Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 13 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 45 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 52 days ago
Ford Recall 16S18: Rear Suspension Toe Link May Be Improperly Welded
2015 Ford Explorer
A fracture of the rear suspension toe link may result in a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ford Explorer vehicles manufactured January 17, 2014 to May 31, 2014. The affected vehicles may have improperly welded rear suspension toe links that may fracture.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear suspension toe links, free of charge. The recall began on November 18, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S18.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - April 26, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S18
- Press Release
- Recall 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - November 1, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S18
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.