- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 1 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 28 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 30 days ago
Ford Recall 16C11: Driver Seat Back Frame May Fail/FMVSS 202, 207
2016 Ford Explorer
The seat back may not adequately restrain the occupant during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ford Explorer and F-150 vehicles equipped with a manual recline driver's seat. The seat back frame may have insufficient welds which may not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat back frame, free of charge. The recall begin on August 18, 2016. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 16C11.
- Documents (12)
- Defect 573 Report
- Press Release
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - June 28, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C11
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.