- September 24: Ford Recalls Bronco Sports and F-150s Over Flickering Lights recalls | 3 days ago
- September 15: Ford Roof Class Action Lawsuit Includes Super Duty Trucks news | 12 days ago
- September 14: Ford Roof Lawsuit: Lawyers Want $600 Million in Fees and Expenses news | 13 days ago
- September 5: Ford Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Transmission Problems news | 22 days ago
- September 2: Ford Blower Motor Recall Issued After 25 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Fires recalls | 25 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2016 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Wheels — Hub
Suspension — Rear
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.