- September 18: Ford F-150 Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 4 days ago
- August 27: Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator Recalled recalls | 23 days ago
- August 27: Ford Recalls F-150 Super Cab Trucks For Seat Belt Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- August 18: Ford Fuel Delivery Module Recall To Prevent Stalled Engines recalls | 32 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 49284
2018 Ford Explorer
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL
- Some 2018-2020 Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with TCU and WiFi Hotspot, May display Vehicle Hotspot feature not enabled on this vehicle when attempting to enter the Hotspot menu. When using the FordPass/Lincoln Way application, the customer may receive a message saying Wi-Fi has been disabled from this vehicle. Check the vehicle specifications or vehicle build information for the mfal code. If mfal = WAFAC or WAFAB do not replace the TCU, engineering is currently investigating this condition. Inform customers Ford is developing a software fix that is expected in early January. In the interim, let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment with the customer for early January. Once the update becomes available, contact the customer and confirm the service appointment is going forward. Monitor OASIS for updates.
Click a tab for more information.