- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- August 27: Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator Recalled recalls | 21 days ago
- August 27: Ford Recalls F-150 Super Cab Trucks For Seat Belt Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- August 18: Ford Fuel Delivery Module Recall To Prevent Stalled Engines recalls | 30 days ago
- August 7: Ford Backup Camera Recall Investigated By Feds investigations | 41 days ago
Ford TSB #TSB 20-2271
2018 Ford Explorer
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
- Some 2015-2019 MKC and 2016-2019 Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L engine may exhibit a vibration/rough idle when the vehicle is in DRIVE or REVERSE. The vehicle may also exhibit a lack of engine revolutions per minute (RPM), lack of acceleration on take off and/or shudder while driving. This may be due to the torque converter overheating causing damage to the torque converter as well as possible internal damage to the transmission. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to replace the torque converter and specified internal transmission components that may have been damaged.
Click a tab for more information.