- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 4 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 9 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 9 days ago
- November 4: Ford Explorer Toe Link Recall: 13 Crashes, 6 Injuries recalls | 19 days ago
Ford Recall 02S41: Ford/Battery Cables
2000 Ford Focus
This, in turn, could cause the battery cables to short resulting in heat damage to the cables. Besides heat damage, the "check engine" light may illuminate, the vehicle may fail to start, or smoke, melting, or fire could also occur.
Electrical System — 12v/24v/48v Battery — Cables
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with zetec engines, loose or broken attachments and misrouted battery cables could lead to cable insulation damage.
- Dealers will inspect the battery cables for the condition of the cable insulation and proper tightening of the terminal ends. As necessary, cables will be rerouted, retaining clips installed, and damaged battery cables replaced. Owner notification began February 10, 2003. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.