- December 3: Ford Recalls Bronco Sports and Escapes For Brake Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 11 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 28 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 42 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 46 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Rear Wheel Bearings
2000 Ford Focus
The wheel bearings could prematurely wear and cause a noticeable noise. If not repaired, this condition could progress to the point where the wheel begins to wobble.
Wheels — Lugs/Nuts/Bolts
- This is not a safety recall in accordance with the Safety Act. However, it is deemed a safety improvement campaign by the Agency. Vehicle description: 2000-2001 Ford Focus passenger vehicles, originally sold in or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, ohiom, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. In high corrosion areas, where salt is used on roadways in the winter, the rear wheel bearing seal race can experience surface corrosion. If this condition occurs, the wheel bearing seals could become damaged and allow contamination to enter the wheel bearings.
- Dealers will replace the rear wheel bearings at no cost to the consumer. Additional bearing seals will also be installed to ensure a smooth ride. This program will be in effect until December 31, 2002, regardless of mileage. Even if the vehicle has already been serviced under recall campaign 00S31, Ford has taken additional steps to keep the wheel bearings in top shape. Owners can contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332, concerning this program.
Click a tab for more information.