- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 0 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 12 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 13 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 22 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 27 days ago
Ford Recall 02S42: Ford/Steering Pinch Bolts
2000 Ford Focus
Loose pinch bolts could exhibit noise, vibration and, in extreme cases if left uncorrected, separation of the joint or fracture of the ball joint stud, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Linkages
- Certain passenger vehicles have loose pinch bolts that secure the lower control arm to the steering knuckle have been reported.
- Dealers will inspect the steering knuckle pinch bolt for tightness and correct as necessary. Owner notification began February 10, 2003. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.