- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 7 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 13 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 14 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 02S42: Ford/Steering Pinch Bolts
2000 Ford Focus
Loose pinch bolts could exhibit noise, vibration and, in extreme cases if left uncorrected, separation of the joint or fracture of the ball joint stud, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Linkages
- Certain passenger vehicles have loose pinch bolts that secure the lower control arm to the steering knuckle have been reported.
- Dealers will inspect the steering knuckle pinch bolt for tightness and correct as necessary. Owner notification began February 10, 2003. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.