- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 7 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 13 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 14 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 02S41: Ford/Battery Cables
2001 Ford Focus
This, in turn, could cause the battery cables to short resulting in heat damage to the cables. Besides heat damage, the "check engine" light may illuminate, the vehicle may fail to start, or smoke, melting, or fire could also occur.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with zetec engines, loose or broken attachments and misrouted battery cables could lead to cable insulation damage.
- Dealers will inspect the battery cables for the condition of the cable insulation and proper tightening of the terminal ends. As necessary, cables will be rerouted, retaining clips installed, and damaged battery cables replaced. Owner notification began February 10, 2003. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.