- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 7 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 28 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 28 days ago
Ford Recall 02S41: Ford/Battery Cables
2001 Ford Focus
This, in turn, could cause the battery cables to short resulting in heat damage to the cables. Besides heat damage, the "check engine" light may illuminate, the vehicle may fail to start, or smoke, melting, or fire could also occur.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with zetec engines, loose or broken attachments and misrouted battery cables could lead to cable insulation damage.
- Dealers will inspect the battery cables for the condition of the cable insulation and proper tightening of the terminal ends. As necessary, cables will be rerouted, retaining clips installed, and damaged battery cables replaced. Owner notification began February 10, 2003. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.