- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 02S41: Ford/Battery Cables
2001 Ford Focus
This, in turn, could cause the battery cables to short resulting in heat damage to the cables. Besides heat damage, the "check engine" light may illuminate, the vehicle may fail to start, or smoke, melting, or fire could also occur.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with zetec engines, loose or broken attachments and misrouted battery cables could lead to cable insulation damage.
- Dealers will inspect the battery cables for the condition of the cable insulation and proper tightening of the terminal ends. As necessary, cables will be rerouted, retaining clips installed, and damaged battery cables replaced. Owner notification began February 10, 2003. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.