- September 24: Ford Shifter Bushing Recall Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- September 23: Ford EcoSport Engine and Oil Pump Problems Investigated investigations | 7 days ago
- September 19: Ford Focus Recall Investigated For Canister Purge Valves investigations | 11 days ago
- September 15: Ford Transmission Recall Includes E-350, F-650 and F-750 recalls | 15 days ago
- September 5: Ford Truck Fuel Pump Problems Lead to Class Action Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.
That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 44,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- repair sway bar linkage (3 reports)
- all bushings were worn out (1 reports)
- increase distance between sway bar and brace (1 reports)