- September 18: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 7 days ago
- September 13: 2017 Ford Explorers Recalled After 31 Hand Injuries recalls | 8 days ago
- September 3: Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit Says MPG Ratings False news | 18 days ago
- September 1: Ford Recalls 2019 Fiesta Over Brake Fluid Leaks recalls | 20 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 40,407 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem