- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 1 days ago
- September 13: 2017 Ford Explorers Recalled After 31 Hand Injuries recalls | 2 days ago
- September 3: Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit Says MPG Ratings False news | 12 days ago
- September 1: Ford Recalls 2019 Fiesta Over Brake Fluid Leaks recalls | 14 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 15 days ago
Hesitates At Acceleration
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 50 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
fuel system problem