- August 22: Ford 'Death Wobble' Class Action Lawsuit Debated Before Judge news | 4 days ago
- August 21: Ford Explorer Hood Rust Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 10 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 17C13: Insufficient Seat Frame Weld/FMVSS 207, 210
2017 Ford Focus
The reduced seat back strength may increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Seat Belts — Rear
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Focus vehicles. The rear left side seat back frame may have an insufficient weld between the outboard pivot bracket and the pivot nut joint, resulting in the seat back having reduced strength. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 207, "Seating Systems, " and 210, "Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the rear second left side rear seat back as necessary, free of charge. The recall began October 10, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C13.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.