- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 6 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 13 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 31 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
1999 Honda Accord Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Power Locks Stopped Working5
- Won't Go Into Gear5
- "Malfunction Indicator Lamp" On2
- Alarm Randomly Goes Off2
- Gear Shift Handle Came Loose2
- Key Is Stuck In Ignition1
- Power Seat Broken1
- NHTSA: Seats24
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner11
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust7
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly4
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical2
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Handle (Infant)1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Anti-Theft Devices1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Other: Owners/Service/Other Manual 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.