- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 3 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 10 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 28 days ago
Key Is Stuck In Ignition
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 93,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem