- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 18 days ago
- August 22: Honda Earth Dreams Engine Lawsuit Filed For CR-Vs and Civics news | 27 days ago
- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 55 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 59 days ago
Key Is Stuck In Ignition
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 93,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem