- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 5 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 7 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 58 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 67 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
1999 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clear Coat Is Peeling40
- Paint Is Peeling7
- Subframe Has Rusted3
- Door Rusting1
- Door Seals Whistle While Driving1
- Drivers Side Door Is Stuck Shut1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body21
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields19
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members10
- NHTSA: Structure8
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 6
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.