- May 9: Honda Civic Electric Parking Brake Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 21 days ago
- April 27: Honda Timing Belt Recall Issued For Separated Teeth recalls | 22 days ago
- April 26: Recall: Honda Odyssey Minivans Shift Into PARK While Driving recalls | 23 days ago
- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 26 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 124,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
body / paint problem