- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 36 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 39 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 46 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 60 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
accessories - exterior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord accessories - exterior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- exterior door handles break1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch5
- NHTSA: Visibility: Rearview Mirrors/Devices: Exterior4
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages2
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Trunk Lid: Lock2
- NHTSA: Visibility/Wiper2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.