- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 46 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 46 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 48 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 51 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2000 Honda Accord Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- instrument panel lights randomly go out2
- automatic locks don't work1
- cd player died1
- odometer display unreadable1
- radio goes in and out1
- rear door seal leaking1
- NHTSA: Seats22
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting21
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel13
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner9
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust3
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly2
- NHTSA: Equipment2
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Harness Buckle1
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Harness Buckle: Infant1
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Anti-Theft Devices1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.