- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 21 days ago
- May 29: Acura and Honda Vehicles Recalled Again Over Takata Airbags recalls | 21 days ago
- May 28: Honda Civic and CR-V Oil Dilution Warranties Extended news | 22 days ago
- May 23: 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled After 3 Drivers Injured By Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
- May 9: Honda Civic Electric Parking Brake Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 228,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace heater valve and hoses (1 reports)
cooling system problem