- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 3 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 7 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 9 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 57 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 65 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2000 Honda Accord Exhaust System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.