- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 14 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 16 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 67 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 76 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2000 Honda Accord Suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Sub Frame Rotted Out2
- Loud Clunk1
- Torn Front Ball Joint Boot1
- NHTSA: Suspension38
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front6
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear5
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Arm3
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Ball Joint1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Upper Ball Joint1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Macpherson Strut1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.