- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 19 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 46 days ago
2003 Honda Accord (Page 21 of 25)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 500 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace/rebuild transmission (345 reports)
- not sure (71 reports)
- Honda to pay cost as this transmission was a previous recall (45 reports)
- Honda assisted with replacement cost (25 reports)
- class action lawsuit (5 reports)
- transmission exchange (4 reports)