- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 20 days ago
- August 22: Honda Earth Dreams Engine Lawsuit Filed For CR-Vs and Civics news | 29 days ago
- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 57 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 61 days ago
2004 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue ever since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially replaced the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
2004 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clear Coat/Paint Peeling82
- Water Leaks Into Interior5
- Doors Rattle2
- Trunk Won't Open2
- Trunk Will Not Stay Open1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body21
- NHTSA: Structure8
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hood: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 1
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.