- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 5 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 8 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 15 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 29 days ago
Water Leaks Into Interior
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue ever since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially replaced the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 86,724 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
body / paint problem