- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 46 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 46 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 48 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 51 days ago
2005 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
2005 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Burning Oil Smell4
- Check Engine Light On4
- Engine Oil Leak3
- Engine Runs Rough - Check Engine Light Comes On3
- Unintended Acceleration2
- Buzzing At The Engine Pulley1
- Engine Failure1
- Engine Stalls Intermittently While Coming To A Stop1
- Excessive Oil Consumption1
- Piston Knock Or Rod Bearing1
- Ticking Noise From Engine When Cold1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control50
- NHTSA: Engine20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.