- December 2: Honda Sticky Steering Investigation Upgraded investigations | 2 days ago
- November 26: Honda Pretensioner Problems Cause Recall of 303,000 Accords and HR-Vs recalls | 8 days ago
- November 22: Honda and Acura Engine Recall For Connecting Rod Bearings recalls | 12 days ago
- November 9: Honda Pilot Power Steering Rack Recall Affects 2023-2024 Models recalls | 25 days ago
- November 8: Lawsuit Alleges 2023 Honda HR-V Back Windows Shatter news | 26 days ago
Grinding Noise At Start Up
2008 Honda Accord (Page 3 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 60,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 82 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the VTC (variable timing control) actuator (39 reports)
- not sure (38 reports)
- replaced the starter (2 reports)
- replaced power steering pump (1 reports)
- starter replaced (1 reports)
- vtc actuator update (1 reports)