- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 3 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 10 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 28 days ago
Grinding Noise At Start Up
2008 Honda Accord (Page 3 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 57,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 80 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (38 reports)
- replace the VTC (variable timing control) actuator (38 reports)
- replaced power steering pump (1 reports)
- replaced the starter (1 reports)
- starter replaced (1 reports)
- vtc actuator update (1 reports)