- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 8 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 19 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 32 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 40 days ago
Grinding Noise At Start Up
2008 Honda Accord (Page 3 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 57,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 80 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (38 reports)
- replace the VTC (variable timing control) actuator (38 reports)
- replaced power steering pump (1 reports)
- replaced the starter (1 reports)
- starter replaced (1 reports)
- vtc actuator update (1 reports)