- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 3 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 24 days ago
Incredibly Uncomfortable Seat
2009 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects – poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 9,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 54 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (39 reports)
- no solution, contacted Honda and was told tough luck (9 reports)
- new seats or new car (5 reports)
- replace headrest with one from a 2007 accord (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem