- December 2: Honda Sticky Steering Investigation Upgraded investigations | 6 days ago
- November 26: Honda Pretensioner Problems Cause Recall of 303,000 Accords and HR-Vs recalls | 12 days ago
- November 22: Honda and Acura Engine Recall For Connecting Rod Bearings recalls | 16 days ago
- November 9: Honda Pilot Power Steering Rack Recall Affects 2023-2024 Models recalls | 29 days ago
- November 8: Lawsuit Alleges 2023 Honda HR-V Back Windows Shatter news | 30 days ago
2009 Honda Accord
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects â€“ poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
2009 Honda Accord Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Incredibly Uncomfortable Seat55
- Steering Column Noise18
- Armrest Material Is Deteriorating13
- Carpet Pulls Out From Under Door Frame8
- Visor Clip Brakes8
- Door Locks Not Operating Properly5
- Rear Deck Make Noise5
- Defective Seats4
- Xm Radio Cuts Out4
- Interior Lights Stop Working After Doors Open3
- Multiple Locations Rattle3
- Bluetooth Voice Recognition Bad2
- Gas Light Flashes2
- Leather Bubbling On Back Seat Pocket2
- Radio Changes Stations On Its Own2
- All Dash Lights On1
- Cd Player Stopped Working1
- Extreme Sun Glare Off Dashboard1
- Head Restraint Under Safety For Short Person1
- Key Fell Apart And New Key Cost Is Unbelievably High1
- Navigation Does Not Work1
- Power Lumbar Support Adjust Not Working1
- Seat Protectant Attracts Dirt1
- Squeaky Fan Control Button1
- TPMS Light Stays On1
- Water Leak Glove Compartment1
- NHTSA: Seats25
- NHTSA: Equipment5
- NHTSA: Equipment: Appliance: Air Conditioner4
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Head Restraint3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.