- February 23: Honda CR-V Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- February 10: Honda Battery Problems Cause Accord and CR-V Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- January 2: Honda 5-Speed Transmission Class Action Settlement news | 60 days ago
- December 22: Honda Recalls Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid and Insight Vehicles recalls | 71 days ago
- December 19: Honda Driveshaft Recall Follows 152 Warranty Claims recalls | 74 days ago
Premature Brake Wear
2010 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord some several significant flaws: excessive oil consumption, premature brake wear, & uncomfortable seats.
In October 2013, Honda settled a class action for excessive oil consumption which extends their V6 powertrain warranty out to 8 years & no mileage limit. However, is the inconvenience & risk of dealing with Honda on this problem worth it? We don't think so.
Premature brake wear has been a consistent problem for this Accord generation. Once again Honda settled a class action lawsuit over brake wear, but most 2010 Accords are NOT covered.
Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Unwary buyers report the seat pain is mainly only noticeable after 15-20 minutes. The common theme we hear is "never noticed this during the test drive."
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 32,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 104 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- front brakes almost new, back brakes need to be replaced (37 reports)
- the only solution is replacing the pads at your own expense (17 reports)
- not sure (16 reports)
- replace pads (10 reports)
- replace pads and rotors (9 reports)
- front bakes almost new, back brakes need to be replaced (7 reports)