- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 3 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 12 days ago
- April 13: Texas Woman Awarded $37 Million After Honda Odyssey Crash news | 13 days ago
- April 4: Honda Civic Driver Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag Inflator news | 22 days ago
- March 22: Honda Odyssey and Pilot Infotainment System Lawsuit Filed news | 35 days ago
Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord some several significant flaws: excessive oil consumption, premature brake wear, & uncomfortable seats.
In October 2013, Honda settled a class action for excessive oil consumption which extends their V6 powertrain warranty out to 8 years & no mileage limit. However, is the inconvenience & risk of dealing with Honda on this problem worth it? We don't think so.
Premature brake wear has been a consistent problem for this Accord generation. Once again Honda settled a class action lawsuit over brake wear, but most 2010 Accords are NOT covered.
Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Unwary buyers report the seat pain is mainly only noticeable after 15-20 minutes. The common theme we hear is "never noticed this during the test drive."
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 33,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)
- waiting for dealer to do a parasitic dump to find the short (1 reports)