ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.

For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.

Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.

$7,200

1. replace cvt transmission (1 reports)
2014 Honda Accord transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 282016

Accord EX I4

• CVT transmission

I purchased this car used from a local big dealership. I had it inspected by the neighboring Honda dealership as well as an engine/transmission shop due to extreme caution I have with cars. Both said the car was solid.

Three weeks after owning the vehicle I heard abnormal CVT sounds and noticed that it was taking a long time to engage into drive. That's when I was driving to the dealership to have them look at it when the car wouldn't accelerate from a stop. It kept slipping like crazy. That's when I knew something was horribly wrong. I immediately got an estimate from three different shops, and every single one said that Honda's CVTs are experimental and require complete replacements rather than repairs. Who on earth thought that this would be a good idea?!?! Really, Honda? Way to throw your customers under the bus. Yes, the $7,200 repair price is correctly listed. Outrageous. It was 10,000 miles out of its manufacturer warranty.

I took a huge loss and went and traded it in for a much more reliable newer-year Toyota Camry. Stay away from Honda's current CVTs with an 18 foot pole.

- running4ever, Sandy, UT, USA