ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2017 Honda Accord lights problems: daytime running lights out

Daytime Running Lights Out

2017 Honda Accord

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

5.2

$1,600

1. entire headlamp must be replaced (4 reports)
  2. replace bulb (1 reports)
2017 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Accord:

2017 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 152017

Accord Hybrid Touring 2.0L

• CVT transmission

After owning by 2017 Accord Hybrid Touring for 7 months, one on the DRL Strips failed. The entire headlight assembly (~$1700) needed to be replaced. It was covered under the 36K mile warranty, did not cost me a penny.

Fast forward a year later 8/20/18 and this happened again, this time to BOTH of side of my car. Now I have 76K miles on the care and have the HondaCare warranty covered it all.

My concern is that this IS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN!!! After 120K miles the cost will fall on me, and this is obviously a REAL PROBLEM!!

Maybe its time to find a hungry lawyer and file a class action lawsuit.

Fell free to reach out to me for more details.

Long story short, I have had 3 different units in my car and there will be more on the horizon. This has to be a design flaw!!!

- Dave S., Warrenton, VA, US

May 192018

Accord Touring V6

This is probably going to be my first and last car that I will be purchasing from Honda because thinking it would be affordable and reliable. I bought my 2017 Honda Accord Touring brand new off the lot on October 9 2016. The current mileage is 23132. I am disappointed with Honda for making the LED headlights such as big problem thinking that the LED lights suppose to last for a while. Isn't this suppose to be safety feature when driving??? It should have the life expectancy to last for many more years instead of a year and a half. So my DRL LED strips are not working on the passenger side.

I took it into Stockton Honda dealership and one of the service adviser told me "you are lucky that you are under the 37,000 mileage manufacture warranty or else I will be paying between 1300k-1500k per headlights". I was like I only had the car for a year an a half with a mileage of 23k. Headlights ridiculously expensive. I was trying to avoid paying such cost like this in the future. I might as well go buy myself a Lexus or Acura instead because paying this amount for lights especially for an Accord. CRAZY.

Honda lost a customer. Toyota here I come reliability and affordability.

- Jessie S., Stockton, US

May 012018

Accord Hybrid 2.0L 4 cyl

After my service guys suggested contacting Honda Customer Service (what a joke!),I had no success when contacting them about my…..er….HONDA’s problem with THEIR daytime running light(s). Strange that the dealerships service manager AND carcomplaints.com had the SAME problem happening to others! I am VERY upset over this and refuse to own this car for the term of the loan, let alone EVER buy another Honda – EVER!. My first and last Honda purchase. To think its acceptable to tell me ‘It IS out of warranty’ is an insult! Like it’s an acceptable response? This is ridiculous and unfair!

•LED lights are SUPPOSE to last longer •¾ of the light is out…THREE QUARTERS! Not even the whole light! •ALWAYS the passenger side? Strange in itself… •$1,600?! Who would accept this amount? Anyone working for Honda?? Highly doubt it! •Warranty?? Explain why/how carcomplaints.com showed the SAME problem at 18,000 miles!!!

I get all my service work at the dealership, regularly. This is a business car for me, so cosmetically it needs to look acceptable. That’s why I wash it frequently, service it, vacuum it, etc. The light is NOW an eyesore and I don’t accept the idea of ‘just drive with it’ either. THIS IS BULLSHIT!

- Jim S., Muskegon, US

Nov 022017

Accord ES 3.2L

THE COMPLAINTS KEEP MOUNTING. THIS COMPLAINT W/ THE HEADLIGHT WAS ANOTHER STRAW THAT'S GOING TO KEEP ME FROM LEASING A HONDA AGAIN FROM HOLMAN HONDA I CHECKED ON YOUTUBE TO SEE HOW TO FIX IT. THAT IS WHEN I SEEN HOW EASY IT WAS TO R&R (REMOVE & REPLACE). I DIDN'T WANT TO GO ANOTHER NIGHT DRIVING W/ ONE HEADLIGHT. I STOPPED AT AUTO-ZONE & WAS GOING TO PAY FOR IT MY SELF UNTIL I FOUND OLD THIS LITTLE BULB WAS $18. LUCKILY THE WHOLE HEADLIGHT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE R&R. IT WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO PAY. AFTER SEEING HOW EASY IT WAS ON YOUTUBE & QUICK I DECIDED TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. JUST DRIVE IN & HAVE THEM R&R THIS LITTLE BULB A REAL QUICK SWITCH, NO MORE THAN 10 MIN FOR A DO-IT-YOUR SELF-ER. OMG WAS I WRONG. FIRST OF ALL ONE OF THE SERVICE ADVISERS WAS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF IT, BUT WHEN HE FOUND OUT THAT IT MAYBE A WARRANTY CLAIM HE HAD ME WAIT FOR MY SERVICE ADVISER (DIDN'T KNOW I HAD A PERSONAL ADVISER) TO COME BACK FROM LUNCH (IT'S NOW 300PM). 320PM HE'S BACK. HE WAS NOT HAPPY THAT HE GOT THIS "WARRANTY JOB" (UNDER HIS BREATH HE GROWLED). HE GOT A MECHANIC TO FIX THE BULB. NOW 430, 1.5 HRS WONDERING WHERE'S MY CAR. NOW I FIND OUT MY CAR IS BEING WASHED A FREE GESTURE THE DEALERSHIP DOES. I TOLD THEM THEY SHOULD OF MENTIONED THE WASH & I WOULD OF DECLINED IT AS I WAS IN A HURRY. OH WELL NOW BEING 500PM GOT MY CAR FINALLY. DRIVERS WINDSHIELD HAD DRIED ON SOAP RESIDUE ON IT & MY RADIO STATION WAS SWITCHED TO A OFFENSIVE RAP MUSIC STATION.

- Richard D., Oakland Park, US

Sep 162017

Accord Hybrid Touring 2.0L 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

My 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring had 18,000 miles on it when my passenger side LED DRL went out. Approximately three quarters of the LED strip went out. The full LED headlights still worked fine - it was just the LED daytime running light that went out. It is under warranty so I took to the dealership's service department and they had to special order the entire headlamp to correct the LED DRL outage.

There was no cost to me because it was still under warranty, but the serviceman explained that should this happen outside of the warranty period of 36,000 miles I would have to pay $1,400.00 plus labor to have this repaired. After reading many similar complaints on this website I've deduced this is a common problem for which Honda should research and take corrective action - including replacements to customers at no cost up to 100,000 miles. LED technology is too progressive for Honda to not stand behind this common failure we are experiencing.

- southtripp, Pensacola, US