2018 Honda Accord wheels / hubs problems: TPMS light on

TPMS Light On

2018 Honda Accord

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

5.2

2. TPMS has to be retuned, not just recalibrated (2 reports)
2018 Honda Accord wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Mar 152019

Accord LX 3.2L

I got a new 2018 Honda Accord LX. A few minutes after I got off the dealership, the TPMS low tire pressure indicator light on. The car only had 40 miles on it. Called the dealership where I bought the car, they said the service was too busy to make appointment. I went to another Honda dealership. When I reported the problem, they just very quickly checked the tire pressure and reset the light and let me go. They said the tire pressure was ok. Next day, the same problem. light came back. I went to the same dealership who reset the light a day before. Again, they did a quick check and reset the light by re-calibrate the system. I asked the guy who did reset how often you see the new Honda Accord has this problem. He said it is almost about one car per hour come the dealership for this TPMS light on problem. Dealer is not surprised when they saw me 2nd day. I'm very frustrated with the problem.

- Fei H., Seattle, WA, US

Oct 152018

Accord Sport 1.5L Turbo

This happened shortly after purchasing the car (end of March, 2018) and then, again, about 6 months later. The message/warning randomly comes up saying that tire pressures are low. Both times, I checked the tire pressures of each of the 4 tires and they were all fine. I re-calibrate the system, and everything is fine (until the next time it randomly happens again). What causes this problem?

- Gregory C., Saint Louis, US

Feb 042019

Accord Touring 1.5t

• CVT transmission

First off, this is a brand new car with this annoying TPMS issue. The first time the light came on, I checked the pressure of all the tires and they all read the recommended 33 psi. I then re-calibrated the system, light went off. After about 30-80 miles, the light came back on. Again, I went through the tire check and re-calibration procedure, after about 30 miles or so, the light came back on again. This annoying issue has now reoccurred at least 12 times. I have taken it to the dealership three times for this issue and each time they perform a hard calibration. To little avail, the light comes right back on after leaving the dealership. The dealer has no solution as to how to correct the problem. Has anyone else been having this same issue? and if so, has your TPMS issue been fixed??? Please help.

- Cordell B., Chicago, US

Dec 132018

Accord Touring 1.5L

I have been a Honda owner since 1995 and have been extremely happy with all of my prior vehicles. However, I am having an issue with the TPMS. The low tire pressure warning came on so I pulled over and checked the tire pressure. All of the tires were at the recommended 32psi. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they "calibrated" the TPMS. Everything was fine for about a week until the light came on again. This time the dealer checked all of the sensors and did some other type of calibration. The fix lasted all of 4 days and now I'm back at the dealership, again. While the issue doesn't impact the way the vehicle drives, it is very annoying. I'm hopeful they are able to correct the issue this time. I find it crazy to think Honda's top end sedan is having problems with something as simple as the TPMS. It's not like this is some new technology.

- David F., Bel Air, US

Oct 122018

Accord Sports 2.0T 2.0L

On Friday, October 12th the TPMS warning light came on indicating low pressure. I pulled over and checked all four tires and the air pressure were fine (I had a tire pressure gauge). On Sunday, October 14th, the TPMS warning lights came on again. Same thing. Pulled over, check air pressure, and all tires were fine. Not sure what the problem is, but each time I cleared it by re-calibrating the TPMS sensor.

Also, I think it would be helpful f Honda would develop the software to indicate with tire the TPMS thinks is low pressure.

- nekeel, San Gabriel, US

Oct 032018

Accord EX-L 1.5t

• CVT transmission

I ran over a pothole, and right after TPMS warning popped up. I checked all the pressure levels for each tire, and no air was leaking. I went to a dealer shop, and they simply reset the system. After driving around 30 mi, the sign showed up again. I complained and requested detail look up, so they pulled the tire out, but couldn't find any issues except that there were excess grease on the hub. The dealer said this should fix and no TPMS warning sign should pop up again. I will see if it does again. Thankful that I found many others complaining about the same issue.

- Joseph G., Centreville, VA, US

Aug 222018

Accord LX 1.5L

TPMS light came on... stopped and checked all tires 3 times in a day - even added a pound of pressure to each took it Honda dealer, they re-calibrated, light went off. Came on again. This happened 3 times. Still no resolution to problem. Honda dealer says no software upgrade is needed for your car

- Ronak L., Brighton, US

Jul 222018

Accord Sport 1.5t

My brand new 2018 Accord Sport - TPMS light came on... stopped and checked all tires - even added a pound of pressure to each.. re-calibrated, light went off. Came on again today but when off after about a minute. I read on another site that some software update needs to be applied....

- Harry D., Bethlehem, PA, US

May 112018

Accord Touring 2.0t

• CVT transmission

I had to wait to get the parts that I had ordered with the car. I waited a week.. got the new wheels installed.. and 10 min later the TPMS light came on. I drove back to the dealer where they found the option where you can re-calibrate the sensors, they did it and it went away.. an hour later they came back this time I was already home.. I made an appointment the next day to get it fixed. Got to the dealer they took the car for a few min.. light off.. drive off the lot.. came back on.. turned around.. and this time they took it back for a while.. they came back 2 hours later said they had to actually - re tune the TPMS.. not sure what the difference was between the option in the car to re-calibrate or re-tune. Anyway.. has been back since.

- Richard J., Durham, NC, US

Apr 132018

Accord Sport 1.5L Cvt

My Tire Pressure Warning Light keeps coming on. Tires have been checked repeatedly and they are fine. Anyone else had this problem?

- Mike H., Oak Park, US

Feb 062018

Accord Touring 2.0L

About every 500 miles the low tire TPMS warning appears. Then check all tires and all are fine. So then have to calibrate again and fine for another 500 miles of so and it comes back on again. Called dealer and only suggestion was to over inflate the tires by 2-4 lbs and that might prevent it coming back on. The problem is "boy who cried wolf." We will soon just stop checking and re-calibrate when maybe a tire is low. Sure would be helpful if Honda indicated WHICH tire like they do on their Acura cars.

- Kim H., Bellevue, NE, US

Feb 192018

Accord Touring 2.0L Turbo

Purchased this car on the evening of 02/19/2018. I pulled out of the dealership and 3 miles down the road, the TMPS / Low Tire Pressure light came on. Not exactly what you expect from the purchase of a brand new vehicle.

- Kim W., Locust, NORTH CAROLINA, US

Oct 302017

Accord Touring 1.5L

I purchased a new 2018 Honda Accord Touring in October 2017. The low tire pressure light came on the first day I drove my car off the dealership during a 2-hour trip. Since that time the low tire pressure light has come on around eight times.

- beallukanbe, Roanoke, US