- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 7 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 10 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 11 days ago
- April 12: Honda CR-V Oil Levels Increasing Due To Unburned Fuel news | 13 days ago
- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 35 days ago
High Oil Level With Gas In Oil
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only proposed a recall in China, & regulators there have rejected it because they don't think Honda's plan is sufficient.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 8,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- no solution; Honda told me to check oil every 500 miles (2 reports)
- change oil frequently (1 reports)
- Honda said drive at high RPMs & avoid short drives (1 reports)
- remove excess oil (1 reports)
- replace head assembly and injectors (1 reports)