- February 13: Honda Recalls Passport and Pilot SUVs For Erasable Label Ink recalls | 9 days ago
- February 12: Honda Odyssey EX-L, Touring and Elite Recalled After Fires recalls | 10 days ago
- January 28: Honda CR-V Sensing Lawsuit Says SUVs Suddenly Stop In The Road news | 25 days ago
- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 52 days ago
High Oil Level With Gas In Oil
2017 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 10,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 80 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (34 reports)
- no solution!!! (13 reports)
- no solution; Honda told me to check oil every 500 miles (13 reports)
- tech says nothing wrong (8 reports)
- change oil frequently (4 reports)
- replace ecu unit and oil change (2 reports)