- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 25 days ago
- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 30 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 55 days ago
- May 29: Acura and Honda Vehicles Recalled Again Over Takata Airbags recalls | 55 days ago
- May 28: Honda Civic and CR-V Oil Dilution Warranties Extended news | 56 days ago
High Oil Level With Gas In Oil
2017 Honda CR-V (Page 2 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 10,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 80 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (34 reports)
- no solution!!! (13 reports)
- no solution; Honda told me to check oil every 500 miles (13 reports)
- tech says nothing wrong (8 reports)
- change oil frequently (4 reports)
- replace ecu unit and oil change (2 reports)