- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 4 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 25 days ago
2017 Honda CR-V
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only proposed a recall in China, & regulators there have rejected it because they don't think Honda's plan is sufficient.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2017 Honda CR-V Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- High Oil Level With Gas In Oil43
- Emission System Problem/Check Engine Light On8
- Engine Makes Chirping Sound When A/C Is On2
- Excessive Oil Consumption2
- Chirping Sound When Engine Is Warm1
- Gas Smell While Driving1
- Hesitation When Accelerating1
- Oil Leak1
- NHTSA: Engine78
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control10
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2017 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.