- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 17 days ago
- December 26: Acura MDX and RDX Loss of Power Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 23 days ago
- December 24: Honda Civic Air Conditioner Lawsuit Filed Over Condensers news | 25 days ago
- December 18: Honda Recalls CR-Vs Over Loose Subframe Bolts recalls | 31 days ago
- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 43 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2017 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 17)
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 13,239 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.