- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 31 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 38 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 47 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 59 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 64 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/PCV Valve And Hose
2001 Hyundai Accent
Moisture in the combustion chamber blowby gases may freeze inside the throttle body bore and throttle body idle speed control circuit resulting in the throttle valve not closing fully and a higher than normal idle speed when the accelerator pedal is released.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with 1.5 liter or 1.6 liter engines that were originally sold in or currently registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. While driving at a steady throttle opening for an extended period of time during extremely cold ambient temperatures (below approximately -5 degrees Fahrenheit with high humidity), moisture in the combustion chamber blowby gases can freeze and block the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve and hose. If the PCV hose freezes, combustion chamber gases are forced through the breather hose into the air intake hose and then into the throttle body.
- Dealers will install a new, relocated PCV hose and will additionally install a heated throttle body on the 2000-2001 Accents equipped with 1.5 liter engines that were produced through January 31, 2001. Owner notification began April 15, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.