- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 3 days ago
- February 5: FCA Fights Ram and Jeep Emissions 'Defeat Device' Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- February 4: Ram and Jeep Diesel Emissions Recall Forthcoming news | 13 days ago
- January 26: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks For Fuel Lines recalls | 22 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
1983 Jeep Cherokee
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1983 Jeep Cherokee
Official recalls have been issued for the 1983 Jeep Cherokee by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Jeep service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Jeep customer service.
1983 Jeep Cherokee VISIBILITY:GLASS, SIDE/REAR NHTSA Campaign #87V178000
Summary: The key operated tailgate window will continue to close if the spring loaded key does not return to off position when released.
Consequence: Window could close on a child or others resulting inpersonal injury.
Actions: Owners should not leave key in tailgate of unattended vehicle. Repair mechanism to assure proper key return operation. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #87V178000 »
Browse Other Cherokee Years
- 2018 Jeep Cherokee
- 2017 Jeep Cherokee
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee
- 2015 Jeep Cherokee
- 2014 Jeep Cherokee
- 2001 Jeep Cherokee
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee
- 1998 Jeep Cherokee
- 1997 Jeep Cherokee
- 1996 Jeep Cherokee
- 1995 Jeep Cherokee
- 1994 Jeep Cherokee
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee
- 1992 Jeep Cherokee
- 1991 Jeep Cherokee
- 1990 Jeep Cherokee
- 1989 Jeep Cherokee