- September 22: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars Because of 'Weld Spatter' recalls | 3 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 14 days ago
- September 2: Mazda Recalls RX-8, Mazda6 and MazdaSpeed6 Cars Over Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- August 15: Mazda Recalls CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 Over Takata Airbags recalls | 41 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 57 days ago
2013 Mazda MAZDA3
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 Mazda MAZDA3
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 Mazda MAZDA3 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mazda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mazda customer service.
2013 Mazda MAZDA3 STRUCTURE:BODY:HATCHBACK/LIFTGATE NHTSA Campaign #16V644000
Summary: Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2010-2013 Mazda3 and Mazdaspeed3 vehicles manufactured November 18, 2008, to June 8, 2013, 2012-2015 Mazda5 vehicles manufactured October 26, 2010, to June 22, 2015, 2016 CX-3 vehicles manufactured June 1, 2015, to December 26, 2015, and 2013-2016 CX-5 vehicles manufactured December 15, 2011, to December 26, 2015. On the affected vehicles, the lift gate support struts may corrode, possibly causing the struts to break and/or the lift gate to drop unexpectedly.
Consequence: If the lift gate falls unexpectedly, it may hit the user, increasing their risk of injury.
Actions: Mazda dealers will replace the both lift gate supports, free of charge, however parts are not currently available. Mazda sent an interim notifications to owners November 2016 and will mail a second notice when remedy parts are available. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 9916H. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V644000 »