- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 10 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 23 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 34 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 51 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 57 days ago
Engine Turns Over But Won't Start
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced cranksensor (4 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)