- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated recalls | 8 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 25 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 31 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 31 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 34 days ago
2005 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
2005 Nissan Altima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bad Motor Mounts30
- Car Shuts Down While Driving22
- Excessive Oil Consumption15
- Timing Chain Tensioner Failed8
- Engine Turns Over But Won't Start6
- Service Engine Light5
- Engine Failure4
- Exhaust Manifold And Gaskets Failed4
- Idling Problems4
- Knocking Noises While Driving3
- P0420 Code With Engine Vibration/Rattling3
- Engine Noise2
- Loss Of Power2
- Valve Covers Leaking2
- Engine Cuts Out With Ac On1
- Engine Smokes When Starting1
- Loud Groan From Engine When Started1
- Low Oil Pressure1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling191
- NHTSA: Engine125
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine43
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control38
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.