- October 16: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Opened investigations | 4 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 14 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 27 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 38 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 55 days ago
Timing Chain Tensioner Failed
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 120,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace timing chain tensioners (5 reports)
- replace timing guide (2 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)